Who else is up for social media marketing?
Social media marketing refers to the process of gaining traffic or customers through social media sites. Social media itself is a catch-all term for sites that may provide radically different social actions.
It is no news that the world is undergoing a population surge, and nearly two-thirds of the world population have a social media presence, now that’s huge. You can sure imagine what would happen to your business if social media marketing is well harnessed. Now, here is the big question, how can you get the best from social media marketing campaigns?
- Change your mindset: The world is changing and so should you. Today more business deals are closed on virtual space than in the boardroom. You have to change your mindset from that of a traditional business owner and use current approach and practices not to only gain new customers, but to increase existing users experience and ensure overall customer loyalty.
- Have a plan : You must ask critical questions like :
– What are you hoping to achieve through social media marketing?
– Who is your target audience?
– Where would your target audience hang out and how would they use social media?
– What message do you want to send to your audience with social media marketing?
-What form of marketing campaign am I harnessing?
This will enable you to know the particular social media marketing campaign to embark on. Starting a marketing campaign without a plan is like sailing without radars, you may have fun but you are getting lost and that’s dangerous. Beware!
- Take some training: Corporate brands and business have shown that it takes more than passion and a good heart to effectively market on-line since social media marketing takes more tact and panache than your regular personal social media engagement.
Taking a training in Social media marketing will up your confidence and give you and your business an edge. Today, there are on-line certificated courses you can take that will expose you to the nitty-gritty of social media marketing.
- Never forget the marketing basics: As much as the environment has changed, you must never let it slip away from you that you are engaging your potential customers. Therefore, the basics of marketing should not be ignored. Although a perfect blend of finesse will be needed to get through to customers, so there is a need to balance strategies without forgetting your main aim- increasing your customer base.
- Know what Social media can do for you: Anyone in this day and age whose thought pattern still revolves around the fact that all there is to social media is gossip, pictures and interactions cannot be more wrong.
With social media, what you can achieve is seemingly endless, you can:
- Build a Consistent Brand Image
- Tracking Competitors
- Measure your Success with Analytics
- Manage Crisis
All of these can be done using carefully selected Social media marketing campaigns.
What if you can be where your customers are and they can interact with you? That is what social media marketing stands to do for you, so embrace it and change your business.
At this juncture, let me ask once again – Who else is up for social media marketing?